Surviving Bell’s Palsy

Back home is always exciting for anyone, including me. When i got home after my Korea adventure, there’s so many tasks awaits. My business, my chores (this one is never stop anyway), my social business, my scholarship hunting etc.

Since i helped my sister to taking care of her daughter while her husband got sick, i went out of town back and forth very often (told you at some previous posts) and my activity in Bandung is too much. I worked for my company and my social business in the morning until the afternoon. When I got home, i did some chores. After that, I studied for my IELTS. I took 2-4 hours sleep per day, i feel like i have to keep work, think and productive so i wouldn’t let any second of my life to quit and do nothing. I feel so useless when I had much sleeping time. But actually my body needs that. At some point, my body can’t handle it anymore. I got sicken.

I was at my sister’s place in Jakarta when i felt like i got sore throat. I think it’s just a sore throat i drank honey and take a rest but in the next morning i felt something weird, i got a half sore throat. I think it’s about something wrong with my ear and throat. So I went to visit Otolaryngologist. She said that i got ear inflammation and she gave me ear drops to soothe the inflammation. The night when i put the drops to my ear it got worse, i got pain on my internal ears and its swelling. The pain is too bad i can’t even sleep. In the next morning, i felt something strange with my right eyelid. When i checked it, it cant closed  it well. I told my sister and we decided to back to the doctor.

The doctor said that the inflammation has struck my nerves already and i need immediate treatment. I decided to went back home to Bandung and have my treatment there. I can’t close my eyes in the morning and i can’t even talked in the afternoon. The illness spread so fast. Yes, I got bell’s palsy.

Bell’s palsy is a paralysis or weakness of the muscles on one side of your face. Damage to the facial nerve that controls muscles on one side of the face causes that side of your face to droop . The nerve damage may also affect your sense of taste and how you make tears and saliva. This condition comes on suddenly, often overnight, and usually gets better on its own within a few weeks. (source)

Well it’s time for my body to complain about my break time. It took 5 days for me to stay at the hospital and got some treatment. I feel so bad and if i could, I would say my biggest sorry to my body for forced them too much.

I was treated by Doctor Djadjang, He’s a senior Neurologist at Muhammadyah Hospital Bandung. After special treatment I finally allowed to have my outpatient and still have to visit the doctor once a week for routine check and physiotherapy. My body requires nutrition and rest a lot. I always exhausted right after i had my meals and need sleeping time after that. Eat-sleep-eat-sleep repeatedly. After my 4 weeks recovery, BOOM!I got my weight gained a lot!fattest i’ve ever experienced hahahahaha..but, my facial paralyzed hasn’t recovered yet. Doctor said it will take 3-10 months to recover.

Now, I recovered already!Alhamdulillah wa syukurillah!Thanks to Allah, who gave my health back. Tell you about how to survive bell’s palsy at the next post.

Since i got my sickness, i realized that health is everything. Is my everything. Like Arabian proverb said, “He who has health has hope and He who has hope has everything.”



One thought on “Surviving Bell’s Palsy

  1. Pingback: My Favourite Exercise | My life as Atu's Blog

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s